Are you a soup lover?
To be honest, I like soups most in autumn and winter, but today was one of those days, when I just needed a soup to cheer me up. It worked perfectly though. Now that I‘m a content girl with a belly full of soup goodness, I‘m ready to share this recipe with you.
This soup is my go-to recipe, when I need something warm and nourishing. I love the combination of fruitiness and spice, as well as the cozy color. It’s topped with coconut yoghurt for some cool freshness, roasted pumpkin seeds for a little crunch, and some dried chili flakes for extra spice.
You could also use sunflower seeds, almonds or walnuts.
And some halved cherry tomatoes would give it a nice little twist.
Now get your big soup pot, some veggies, and start cooking! 💚
It's very moreish and the perfect soulfood. Enjoy! 💚
- • 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- • 1 yellow onion, diced
- • 1 thumb fresh ginger, diced
- • 1 Hokkaido pumpkin, cut into cubes
- • 2 apples, cored & diced, (e.g. Pink Crisp or Braeburn)
- • 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- • 500 ml vegetable broth
- • 200 ml coconut milk
- • 2-3 tsp of your favourite English Curry powder, depending on how spicy you like it
- • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- • 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- • 2 Tbsp soysauce or tamari for GF
- • 1-2 Tbsp maple sirup
- • salt and pepper to taste
- coconut yoghurt, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, chili flakes, fresh herbs
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium high heat, then add the onion and ginger, and sauté for about 2 minutes or until onions are soft. Be careful not to let them brown too much.
- Add pumpkin, apples and carrots to the pot and stir for about 1 minute. Then add the veggie broth and turn the heat up a little bit, so it starts boiling. Cover and let it cook for 20 minutes (or until the pumpkin and carrots are soft).
- Take it off the heat, add the coconut milk, and use a blender to make it all creamy with no veggie lumps left.
- Put it back on the stove over medium heat and add all your spices, the soysauce, and maple sirup. Let it simmer for 5 more minutes, taste and adjust flavors to your liking.
- Top the soup with coconut yoghurt, roasted seeds, and a pinch of dried chili flakes. Enjoy with a crunchy slice of fresh bread.