What is the first thing, that comes to your mind, when you hear the word SATAY?
Thailand? Fried chicken or tofu? Sataywhat?!?
Well, for me it‘s always the peanut dipping sauce. It must be creamy, a little sweet and spicy, and if there‘s also fresh ginger inside, I‘m in satay heaven. 💫
Storebought peanut dips often contain all kind of nasties like sugar, flavourings, colorings and the like.
So today I‘ll show you how you can make your own naturally sweetened, delicious and healthy peanut dip with only 8 ingredients.
Bonus: it‘s finished in 5 minutes only! Woohooo!! Let’s dip…
This dip is just perfect for dumplings or my fresh and fruity Vegan Summer Rolls with Mango.
Have you tried them yet?
Naturally sweetened, perfectly creamy with only 8 ingredients. Happy dipping! 💛
- 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter, (100% peanuts)
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 mango, peeled
- 1 thumb fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Sambal Manis*
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/8 cup oatmilk**
- Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until the dip has a creamy consistency.
- Add more oatmilk (1 Tbsp at a time), if the consistency is too thick for your liking.
- Pour in a pretty bowl, sprinkle with dried chili flakes, and start dipping.
*Can be replaced with Sriracha sauce.
**You can also use water, rice milk or coconut milk to make this dip gluten free.
I always choose organic produce whenever possible. It's not only much better for my health (and yours, too), but also for our environment. 🌍💫💚
Inspired & adapted from Eat this.